Legal Assistant: Litigation
The desired candidate will have at least five years’ of litigation experience and will provide full-time, confidential administrative support for a team of lawyers at our Sherwood Park location. Ahlstrom Wright is a suburban law firm that can offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, superior technology and the opportunity for personal and professional growth.
You would like to be part of a cohesive working environment where you are recognized as a valued member of the team. You are a Legal Assistant looking for an opportunity to expand your experience and knowledge in the area of Litigation law.
Litigation Legal Assistant
Must have a minimum of five years’ of litigation experience. Preference given to qualified candidate with a Legal Assistant Diploma or the equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
Experience + Skills
- Preference given to qualified candidate with 5+ years’ experience as a Litigation Legal Assistant
- Experience with litigation documents
- Strong technical skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe, and PC Law
- Experience with document automation systems an asset
- Ability to communicate effectively and in a professional manner both verbally and in writing with staff, clients and legal professionals
- Proficiency in Business English
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- The ability to prioritize a high volume of tasks and competing priorities
- A client centered approach with the commitment to providing outstanding service
- The ability to follow instructions and adhere to strict deadlines
- The ability to exercise sound judgment, discretion and confidentiality, and to adapt to changing demands
Role + Responsibilities
- Prepare litigation documents and pleadings
- File maintenance, including daily filing, file organization, opening files and closing files
- Organize and expedite the flow of work through the lawyer’s practice
- Accurately prepare, transcribe legal documents and correspondence
- Co‐ordinate flow of documents between legal professionals and clients at all levels
- Work proactively in the day to day support of the legal professionals’ practice
- Administrative duties including time entry, bill preparation and information requests
- Other duties as assigned
Please send your resume, in confidence, to the following:
Attention: Natalie Syvenky, Office Administrator
Suite 200, 80 Chippewa Road
Sherwood Park, AB T8A 4W6
About Ahlstrom Wright
Ahlstrom Wright is a full-service law firm that offers expert legal guidance in all areas of law (except for criminal law). With over 38 years of professional expertise, thousands of clients, and a full spectrum of lawyers.
We have two locations in Canada. Our Sherwood Park location provides service to Alberta, Edmonton, Sherwood Park, and the surrounding communities. Our Yellowknife location provides legal services to the Northwest Territories, Yukon, Nunavut, Yellowknife and all communities within those regions. We offer assistance in several areas of law.