We are seeking a full-time Junior Lawyer with at least 2 years’ experience for our Sherwood Park, Alberta office.
Ahlstrom Wright is a suburban law firm that can offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, superior technology and the opportunity for personal and professional growth.
You would like to be part of a cohesive working environment where you are recognized as a valued member of the team. You are also a Junior Lawyer in the early stage of your career looking for an opportunity to further your experience and interest in law.
An enthusiasm for law and working with clients is essential. We understand the importance of balancing work and family and we insist that all of our staff do likewise. We offer flexible work plans that can fit most lifestyles. We insist that all of our staff be a good “fit”, and accept our high standards of client service, confidentiality and practical advice.
The successful candidate must be someone who can understand and communicate legal concepts in practical terms. We are not looking for academics for whom law is merely a series of theories. Instead we insist on our lawyers being able to give practical, usable advice grounded in the practical realities of everyday life and business.
Experience + Skills
- Preference given to qualified candidate with at least two year of legal experience
- Strong technical skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Adobe
- Experience with document automation systems an asset
- Ability to communicate effectively and in a professional manner both verbally and in writing with staff, clients and legal professionals
- Proficiency in Business English
- Excellent organizational skills and, attention to detail
- The ability to prioritize a high volume of tasks and competing priorities
- A client centered approach with the commitment to providing outstanding service
- The ability to follow instructions and adhere to strict deadlines
- The ability to exercise sound judgment, discretion and, confidentiality, and to adapt to changing demands
Please send your resume, in confidence, to the following:
Attention: Donna Oliver, Managing Lawyer
Suite 200, 80 Chippewa Road
Sherwood Park, AB T8A 4W6
About Ahlstrom Wright
Ahlstrom Wright is a full-service law firm that offers legal guidance in all areas of law (excluding criminal law). With over 38 years of experience, thousands of clients, and a full spectrum of lawyers.
We provide service to Alberta, Edmonton, Sherwood Park, and the surrounding communities.