What is a Represented or Dependent Adult?

A represented or dependent adult relationship is generally initiated when an individual is no longer able to make independent decisions about their health and financial choices. A close friend or family member can be appointed to fulfill this roll through a court application process. In some cases this process can be complicated due to conflicting interests or disagreement of the dependant adult’s family or friends.

Represented or Dependent Adult Lawyers Serving Sherwood Park and Yellowknife

Our family lawyers offer a full-range of family law service to residents of Alberta and Northwest Territories. We can help you and your family through the process of dependent adult application, as well as provide legal advice on all other areas of Family Law and Estate Planning.

More About the Represented or Dependent Adult Legal Processes – Alberta & Northwest Territories, Canada

If you have a dependent adult relationship, or you would like to know more about your rights and obligations as a dependent adult, contact our legal team.