Civil Litigation

We offer service in all areas of civil litigation including debt collection, small claims court, and landlord/tenant disputes


Need Legal Advice?
Call Ahlstrom Wright toll-free

What is Civil Litigation?

Civil litigation is the process of resolving a legal dispute between two parties. In cases of civil litigation one, or both, of the parties will be seeking compensation (usually money or performance) from the other for an injury suffered as a result of the other party’s action (or inaction). Your lawyer represents you in negotiations, in court, and at trial.

Areas of Civil Litigation Include:

General litigation, debt collection, builders’ liens, estate litigation, small claims court, personal injury, employment disputes, business disputes, landlord and tenant disputes, and defamation (libel and slander). Our lawyers will assist you at all levels of the Court, including Provincial, Territorial, the Court of Queen’s Bench, the Supreme Court of the Northwest Territories, and the Court of Appeal.

If you have a dispute you need to solve, our lawyers are here to help you do that as effectively as possible. We understand some disputes are not easy to resolve, but we take the time to understand your needs, to help you understand the legal process, and give you the opportunity to decide what the best course of action is for you, whatever the situation you’re dealing with is.

Civil Litigation Lawyers Serving Sherwood Park, Edmonton, and Alberta; as well as Yellowknife and Communities of the Northwest Territories

If you require legal assistance, contact Ahlstrom Wright for a free consultation.

Civil Litigation Resources

The Court of Queen’s Bench recently issued a Decision in Infiniti Homes Ltd v Gagnon,…

Should Bruce have to pay Jean for fixing up his building? You Be The Judge!

If you are in need of a lawyer in Sherwood Park, Alberta or Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, give the lawyers at Ahlstrom Wright a call!

Should East River Cemeteries pay for the loss of the urns? You Be The Judge!

If you need to update or create a Will in Alberta (Sherwood Park, Edmonton, Leduc, Beaumont, etc.) or Northwest Territories, call the lawyers at Ahlstrom Wright.