A Personal Directive:
- Lets you decide who will make decisions regarding your health care and treatment in the event you become unable to (due to disease, illness, or accident.)
- Gives you the comfort of knowing that those who know your wishes will be in charge of making sure those wishes are carried out.
- Permits your doctor to act immediately on the instructions of the person you appoint.
- Avoids expensive and time-consuming court applications.
- Ensures that any special requests you have regarding life support or tissue/organ donation will be made known.
You need a Personal Directive because it protects you and your family and it ensures that matters pertaining to your health are managed and directed in the way that you wish them to be (when you are most capable of deciding what is best for you.)
Alberta: More Information About Creating a Personal Directive – Lawyers
Northwest Territories: More Information About Creating a Personal Directive – Lawyers
Do you need more information about a personal directive?
Contact Ahlstrom Wright’s lawyers for a free consultation.