AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Land Use / Permits & Municipal Law
- Mergers, Acquisitions, and International Business Transactions
- Provincial Government Consultant
- Real Estate
- Regulatory, Business, Property & Estate Law
- Wills & Estate Planning
- University of Alberta Law degree, 1999
- Called to the Alberta Bar, 2000
- Called to the NWT Bar, 2007
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association
- Hewlett-Packard Award – Academic Excellence in Business
About This Lawyer
Born in Three Hills, Alberta, Lorne Penner graduated with his Bachelor of Laws from the University of Alberta in 1999. He was admitted to the Alberta and Northwest Territories Bars in 2000 and 2007, respectively, and is a member of the Canadian Bar Association. Before becoming a lawyer, Lorne was a successful businessman in the agricultural and construction industries.
As a result of his agricultural experience, Lorne has acted as a troubleshooter, mediator, and advisor for the Government of Alberta’s Department of Agriculture and other related bodies. He has experience as a municipal councillor and continues to sit on the boards of Edmonton John Howard Society and International Justice Mission Canada. He is an experienced counsel in the areas of regulatory, business, property, and estate law. Lorne has been involved in a number of large scale business mergers, acquisitions, international business transactions, and the administration of a number of large estates.